The windows of the aisles are early 15th century. A very fine window is that in the south end of the south transept. The Perpendicular tracery is very elaborate, the notch head terminations to the hood mould denoting that it is an insertion in a 14th century arch.The clerestory and aisle parapets are embattled, and below each is a cornice, with 15th century dog-tooth, ball-flower, nail-head, the four-leaved flower and other ornaments.There are five clerestory windows on each side, consisting of two lights under a depressed four centred arch. A peculiar feature is that the clerestory and two of its windows are returned round the east end of the nave. The windows inserted in place of the north transept are, modern.In the floor of the nave, near the font, is a slab which had a Latin inscription, which translated reads: “Here lie Thomas Adam, formerly of Wellhouse, senior, and Helena, his wife, merchant of the staple of Calais. He died in the year of our Lord 1483, on the 27th day of the month of April. Thomas Adam, junior, son of the aforesaid, also merchant of the staple of Calais, in the year of our Lord 1532, (or 1535) on whose souls may God have mercy. Amen.” [Now too worn to read]On the floor of the south transept, is an alabaster slab moved and damaged during Victorian alterations, its original location was on the floor of the south aisle, northward of the transept. It shows effigies of John Clarke, his two wives and their eight children. The text around the slabs edge reads:“Of you’re charyte pray for the they solls of John Clarke, Jone and Anys, hys wyvys, the whiche John decessyd the iii. day of February, in the yere of owre Lord God 1532, on whose solls Jesu have mercy, Amen.” In the floor of the chancel were several 17th century slabs, now lost, which recorded the deaths of members of the Cheselden family.When ‘Wright’ visited the church during the reign of Charles II, some of the windows contained armorial glass, exhibiting the arms of Lord Hastings (William Lord Hastings, who was murdered by command of the Duke of Gloucester, and whose estate was confiscated when he became Richard III, was chief forester of Rutland), the Earl of Clare and Gloucester, the Kings of East Angles, and of Beauchamp Earl of Warwick. The last-named was a considerable landowner in Rutland.
James Wright in 1684 wrote that the above alabaster was situated to the left of the Chancel entrance - It was moved and broken during the Victorian restoration in the latter part of the 19th century. John Clerke who died on the 3rd February 1532 was the Reeve and attourney, he features regularly in the Langham Manor Court Rolls of the period.The Clerke (Clarke) family continued to prosper well into the 17th century both in Langham and London where Roger Clarke became a member of various trade guilds and an Alderman of the City of London. Roger and Frances his wife left very detailed wills, and money from an annuity left by Frances still provides money for distribution by Langham Parochial Charities.Mike Frisby 2012- LVHG
Of youre charyte pray for they Solls of John Clerke Jone and Anys hys wyvys the whiche John Decessyd the iii day of February in the yere of owre Lord God M. CCCCC. XXXII. of whose Solls Jesu have marcy, Amen